Legal Writing, that chronically underappreciated 1L requirement, finally gets its due as Branden & Jelena interview UCLA Law Professor Ryan McCarl.
He created and teaches a unique Advanced Legal Writing course at UCLA, which covers everything from story mechanics to beating legal writer’s block. Listen in as Ryan explains why writing is the single most important skill a lawyer can have.
In this episode, you’ll learn . . .
- How legal writing differs from the writing you did as an undergrad
- Why people with a natural affinity for writing sometimes struggle in Legal Writing classes
- What great legal writing looks like in the real world (and how it can be INFURIATING when the wrong people are good at it!)
- What to do before law school to prepare for legal writing, especially if you’re not someone for whom writing comes easily
- How to apply the principles of legal writing to your law school personal statement
- And much more!
Thanks to Professor Ryan McCarl for joining us to share his knowledge and expertise!
Links and Further Resource from this Episode:
About Professor McCarl: http://ryanmccarl.com/
Elegant Legal Writing (Prof. McCarl’s newsletter): https://bit.ly/3tjnphI
Follow Ryan on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ryanmccarl?lang=en
Point Made (legal writing book recommended by Prof. McCarl): https://bit.ly/33dJJ1F
33 Common LSAT Flaws: https://amzn.to/3efTuzY
TestMax Announces Justice in Action Program to Support 1,000 Future Lawyers: https://testmaxprep.com/blog/justice-in-action
Start Your LSATMax Free Trial: https://go.onelink.me/z1Zu/689fb4b4
Start Your 1L Free Trial Now (The Greatest Law School Supplement): https://go.onelink.me/iOM8/68e2c335
Start Your BarMax Free Trial Now: https://go.onelink.me/3011142272/d02ba2de