People go to great lengths to get into elite law schools, but is it worth it? On this week’s episode, Jelena and Branden sit down with Evan Parker, Ph.D., founding partner of Parker Analytics to answer that very question.
But the answer—and there is indeed an answer—is really only the starting point of a deeper conversation about hiring practices in the legal field, including how things are changing, how they ought to change further, and how future lawyers can use Dr. Parker’s hard-won insights to increase their chances of landing a great law firm job.
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- How law firms decide whom to hire, as well as how to use that information to your advantage as an applicant
- How diversity at a law firm results in increased profitability
- Why law firms hire data scientists like Dr. Parker
- What steps law firms do and don’t take to correct their hiring practices
- Which characteristics in a law firm hiree are predictive of success, and which aren’t
- What Malcolm Gladwell thinks about the LSAT
Thanks to Dr. Evan Parker for joining us to share his knowledge and expertise!
Links and Further Resources from This Episode:
Dr. Parker’s Firm, Parker Analytics, LLC: https://www.parkeranalytics.us/
Dr. Parker’s Appearance on Malcolm Gladwell’s “Revisionist History” Podcast: http://bit.ly/3tfl47L
Dr. Parker’s Appearance on the “Modern Lawyer” Podcast: http://bit.ly/3vjjaF0
Start Your 1L Free Trial Now: https://go.onelink.me/iOM8/68e2c335
TestMax Announces Justice in Action Program to Support 1,000 Future Lawyers: https://testmaxprep.com/blog/justice-in-action
Start Your LSATMax Free Trial: https://go.onelink.me/z1Zu/689fb4b4
Start Your BarMax Free Trial Now: https://go.onelink.me/3011142272/d02ba2de
The Road to 180: The Ultimate Guide to LSAT Prep (free on Kindle unlimited): https://amzn.to/3q4ifp1